The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
music (and audio fx) - "hints" at trouble
kuertee Offline

Threads: 2
music (and audio fx) - "hints" at trouble

Is there a way to mod out (or to turn off via ini files or setting) these two game elements:

1. music - which ramps up when there's trouble, giving you a hint that there is trouble. I think the hard breathing audio effect and the visual deterioration are good good enough indicators of the state of the character

2. "fake-sourced" moaning/groaning audio fx. What I mean by "fake-sourced" is that there are a lot of moaning/groaning/screaming that have no actual source in the game. They are simply there to increase the horror of the map. I think this helps "newish" players. But long-time gamers would be able to pick these out and "know" that they only exist to "try" to increase the scariness but are fake and have no actual source in the map - which then, actually, decreases the horror.

Is there a mod that can do either or both of the above? Or is there a way to turn them off via a hidden method (e.g. manually editing an INI file, or something)?

Thanks for any reply.
01-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
music (and audio fx) - "hints" at trouble - by kuertee - 01-04-2016, 08:33 AM