Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How you prefer your horror games:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
With weapons.
4.17%
1 4.17%
With no weapons.
16.67%
4 16.67%
With weapons and no weapons.
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapons or no weapons in horror games?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games?

Off the top of my head I would say that "weapons" in horror games (If you want to go full on horror that is) should be weapons that cannot get rid of the monster for an extended period of time. They should rather be tools that will be able to divert the monsters attention from you for a brief moment but make them still a very immediate threat in the surrounding area.

A layman's term of saying it is that I don't think that the weapons/ammo I am holding in stock should be seen as "Get out of jail free cards" that I am relieved to see that I still have several of lying in my inventory.

Also, this discussion thus far implies that monsters in horror games are enemies who try to kill you through some means. What about horror games that have opposition that hinder you through some other, but also terrifying means? It's a good thing to think about since it seems when many people think of enemies in horror games their minds go to Amnesia like monsters in stealth sections!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 06:30 PM by Kreekakon.)
01-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games? - by Kreekakon - 01-18-2016, 06:25 PM