The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]

While SOMA was amazing, you can always imagine even better stuff in your head, so the following is a sort of "What if?" scenario.

What if Catherine would have just turned off as I hit the Launch button? No goodbyes, no sorries, no nothing.
The rocket would launch, the ARK would be full of WAU lifeforms bent on conquering the stars, and I would have been played as a sucker from the moment I woke up in the pilot seat.

During the game, it is indicated that WAU itself resurrected me. Why? Probably because I was meant to do a task for it: I was meant to find the ARK and launch it into space. Part of this task was programmed into me, which determined which buttons I was prompted to press, and could probably have made good "Would you kindly?" moments. WAU could also alter my visual cortex to make me halucinate. ...but a persons whole personality would be more tricky to control. WAU needed a humans flexibility, so instead it relied on social engineering. It began downloading brain scans into robots I came across, it downloaded Catherine into her lab, et cetera, and while they probably didn't even know it themselves, they were just puppets for the WAU to make me launch the ARK. Once I pushed the launch button, they would be turned off. After that, the game could continue with me learning what exactly I had done, and how the programs in the ARK would APPEAR human, but were ultimately just WAU puppets too.

That's why I went around killing every robot I could, and even the human (since she could be turned) not out of mercy, but because I was at full war with WAU. I took great care in erasing as much of the traces of brainscan files that remained, so that WAU wouldn't be able to manipulate other puppets with them when it saw that I was going astray.

I was playing along with the social charades, but all along, as soon as I would get my hands on that ARK, I planned to break it into a million pieces.

You see, I've played Penumbra. I know what kind of trickery Frictional Games is capable of.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 04:24 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
01-13-2016, 04:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers] - by Cranky Old Man - 01-13-2016, 04:22 AM