The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

LED back lighting better for darker blacks on monitors?
second.exodous Offline

Threads: 4
LED back lighting better for darker blacks on monitors?

I thought I would ask this question here since people that made this game and play-tested it probably are into horror games and like the darkness dark Smile

I have a normal LCD display that functions like every other LCD display, the blacks are not all that black when playing a game that takes place in a darkened environment. They still give off lots of light making black look gray when it is the predominate color on the screen. I have heard that when the lighting is done with LEDs the blacks are much darker. I was thinking of getting a new monitor for this game and watching movies on as horror is my favorite genre and black is just are not dark.

So does anyone have any experience with this? Does LED back-lighting really make that much of an impact on black? LED TVs/monitors are new so I can't really go to a store to test it out and even if I could it would have to be in a darkened room to test it out anyway.
08-31-2010, 03:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
LED back lighting better for darker blacks on monitors? - by second.exodous - 08-31-2010, 03:10 AM