The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would an Amnesia "Alternate Playthrough" interest anybody?
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10
Would an Amnesia "Alternate Playthrough" interest anybody?

What I mean by that is would it be worth working on to attempt to take all the original maps and gameplay from Amnesia TDD and rearrange them for new scares and new puzzles, but using the same location and atmosphere. Things like players going into the water monster room and expecting to stand on boxes, only to find a grunt patrolling the water. Or having some of the "jumpscare" monsters stay and patrol the area instead of leaving.

I think it could be interesting to experiment with the player's expectations from the original game versus what the new playthrough would hold for them. However I do wonder if Frictional Games would be upset by this since it would be taking their already made maps and changing them.

I have no plans for doing anything like this soon, it's just an idea that I'm having fun playing around with and wondering if people would be interested in this concept.
01-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Would an Amnesia "Alternate Playthrough" interest anybody? - by Daktoa - 01-28-2016, 12:38 AM