Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Probably not buying this one. :(
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Probably not buying this one. :(

Demo is too short, so will be the game. I'm not gonna purchase it. (Pre-purchased on March Huh)

Well, joking aside, being afraid of Doom 3, this makes me to categorize people. I felt the horror in first thirty minutes, then the game became my showcase "look how I'm gonna finish it with just pistol, lots of headshots yeah!". It was my friend that he was too afraid to play, so he called me to play for him.

I mean, seriously, what kind of horror are you looking for? I had run a Silent Hill fan site, and for years I saw many people seem to like to compare Resident Evil and Silent Hill series. Of course, one can love both of them, but will love one of them more than other one. Which arises from the difference of horror elements in those two series.

I'm so surprised someone says that s/he liked the Penumbra: Black Plague didn't love Amnesia. Of course, demo was lack of many actual game elements, but I find it very hard to agree with you at many of your points. If I were Daniel, I wouldn't listen my former self and would get out of the castle as soon as I could. But Amnesia didn't let me! What's there to get bitchy about? One can say it's a game, so what if Daniel is afraid of darkness? It's something like going into fire and crying for why player's health decreases, blaming game not letting to walk and dance in the fire; whereas Amnesia derives a very wide interactive world.

Amnesia doesn't make us to do anything other than some heavy sanity effects. It was nearly same thing in Black Plague that Clarence was screaming and distracting player.
Others, they're just hints. One can do anything possible in game. Look at this thread: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3769.html , game allows you to go that near to this creature. But sure, there'll be outcomes for this action.

Of course no-one has to love the game nor the demo. However, reasons you count, they're just unlogical for me to agree. It's like playing a horror game with the strong decision of "I'm not gonna afraid!".

And for the demo. It's a demo, it's not a cut of part of actual game.
Quote:Playable demos generally have the exact same gameplay as the upcoming full game, although game advancement is usually limited to a certain point, and occasionally some advanced features might be disabled.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_demo

After I released Turkish localization of the demo in my personal blog, one person came and complained about the game. He claimed that the game has only one type of enemy, and it is invisible! He blamed developers for being lazy.

09-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by Sexbad - 09-06-2010, 12:50 AM
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by Tanshaydar - 09-06-2010, 03:03 AM
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by MatroXX - 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by lobban - 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM