Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
dogsonofawolf Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I'm surprised how many people have suggested the sci-fi idea. I'm completely torn on it. I love space horror, but it's enough of a departure from the previous games it's anyone's guess if it would work. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if that's just not something the team cares much about.

I also think a futuristic setting would limit the another huge attraction of these games to me, which is the Lovecraft influence. While obviously present in Penumbra, it's come to the fore much more in Amnesia, with the antiquated setting, powerful ancient artifacts and travel beyond time and space. I would like even more of this in the future, and a space setting would not be conducive to that.

In any event, the blog makes it sound like they already have an idea as to what they're gonna do, so I think we'd better trust them to do it and do it well.

Just one more thing Frictional: tentacles! the humanoid monsters are really scary and all, but eventually I'd like to be attacked by something with no eyes, 12 arms and mouth the size of a dumpster. Or something.
10-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by dogsonofawolf - 10-28-2010, 06:56 AM