Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
yman Offline

Threads: 3
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

To quote myself from over here:
Quote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like to see you make a non-horror murder mystery. My suggestion is to create a branching story line that can fit multiple characters, then create variations for each character. Each time a player goes through the game, a different scenario is chosen, but with many randomized elements (the exact selection of clues, where they are to be found, who tries to kill you and why, who are the red herrings that the clues come just short of incriminating, what events happen as a result of a certain triggers, etc). The similarity between all the scenarios will keep the player guessing through dozens of play-throughs, thus resulting in great replay value. Also include some mild action. For instance, the detective carries a small revolver that holds 5 bullets on him at all times for self protection. The villain gets desperate to get rid of him before the truth comes out, and tries to kill him in the greenhouse. The result is a small shoot-out with each party only having less than a dozen shots, and little time as the shots are heard and the people of the mansion called the police, picked up their own guns, and are coming to put an end to the disturbance. You can catch or kill the criminal, which may or may not solve the main mystery, or he can escape or even kill you. If he escapes he may be caught immediately be caught if you saw his face, but even if not new clues will become available as any potential witnesses are questioned and the criminal would have trouble with his alibi.
06-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by yman - 06-27-2011, 12:29 AM