The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game os great, yet ending really terrible
geronimosan Offline

Threads: 1
Game os great, yet ending really terrible

I am a long time gamer, prefering FPS, MMO, and Adventure games. With previous adventure games, I've enjoyed them but they've always felt too 2Dimensional. There was never enough immersion in the game.

In playing Amnesia, you completely solved the immersion problem. I loved all the different aspects of interacting with the environment. The puzzles weren't complex enough, but the fact that I was able to treat the game like an FPS run-through to solve the problems made up for it (this time). Pulling in minor FPS/MMO concepts like health/light management was great. Was a blast trying to decide when I should ignite light sources, and when I should stay hidden.

Overall, I absolutely loved the game, but unfortunately it's short. I took the advice the game gave when I first loaded it up - I did not play to win, I did not power play, I did not play for speed; instead, I played purely to enjoy the environment, nice and slow, not fast unless the game made me feel like I had to rush. Yet I finished the game in about 10 hours.

The other negative is the ending. Without meaning to give any spoilers, the "final boss/room" takes about 30 seconds to complete. The physical action to complete the ending is weak, the story ending is weak. Even though the game was too short, it was still great - but the ending almost makes it all horribly pointless.

If this company put out another adventure game similar to this one and improved upon the story and ending, I'd buy it for sure.
09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game os great, yet ending really terrible - by geronimosan - 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM