Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game os great, yet ending really terrible
iTIMMEH Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Game os great, yet ending really terrible

I was disappointed by the endings, it seemed no effort had been put into making them thought provoking or satisfying at all. The 'bad' ending was fine and what would have been expected. The other two were pretty rubbish. SPOILERS incoming for those of you reading a thread about the ending before completing the game!

So, option 1: Destroy the portal, kill Alexander, don't help Agrippa. Near the end, Daniel realises he has become something of a monster, accepting responsibility for his crimes and questioning the value of his life when compared to the things he has done. Then all of a sudden it's all Alexander's fault and off he goes to get revenge for being made to do these awful things. You get your revenge and trot off out into the world satisfied that you've done the right thing. I found this to be pretty childish. Daniel attributes his actions to someone else, kills them for manipulating him and then walks away free?

The alternative is helping Agrippa to find Weyer. In this ending you throw Agrippa into the portal, leaving both Daniel and Alexander at the mercy of the shadow. I felt that this was the best ending, with Daniel accepting responsibility for his actions and paying the price but finding redemption in helping someone else. This should have been the most satisfying ending but it didn't fell like it, with revenge being the more developed conclusion.
09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game os great, yet ending really terrible - by iTIMMEH - 09-12-2010, 11:54 AM