Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game os great, yet ending really terrible
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Game os great, yet ending really terrible

(09-12-2010, 11:54 AM)iTIMMEH Wrote: So, option 1: Destroy the portal, kill Alexander, don't help Agrippa.

The alternative is helping Agrippa to find Weyer.
I felt like the Daniel ending and Alexander ending had the least closure, while the Agrippa ending was pretty explanatory (redemption, won't suffer for his sins).

In the Daniel ending, we don't know for sure if he's safe from the shadow. Remember he had to sacrifice others to keep the shadow at bay? Killing Alexander could have been considered a sacrifice and considering Alexander's status, he was a powerful one at that, more than capable of keeping the shadow away for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel where Daniel is living his life and three years later, he starts seeing that red tissue or having nightmares.

The Alexander ending was open as well, as we don't know what really happens when people are consumed by the shadow. Obviously we think they die, but they could become a part of the shadow. Maybe everyone who's stolen an orb and died from the shadow became the next guardian? So we may see a mention of Daniel in the sequel as some malevolent being. Tongue

See? Open endings aren't that bad; you can draw a lot of outcomes yourself. Also, the human mind works in a way that we always want to seek closure. If we're left with a cliffhanger ending, most of the time we'll think it's a horrible ending (I remember reading something on this a long time ago). Regardless, I think at least those two endings are set up for a sequel. It will be interesting to see which way Frictional takes it.
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game os great, yet ending really terrible - by Spiegelman - 09-12-2010, 04:55 PM