The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thank you, Frictional Games
Fitzcarraldo Offline

Threads: 1
Thank you, Frictional Games

This is a work of art. I've never been scared by anything the way I've been scared by Amnesia, and you guys deserve all the praise that can be given to you.

Your ability to create an atmosphere that is so consistently oppressive and horrifying is unparalleled. This is a game that makes you feel almost psychologically exhausted by playing. The endless sense of alienation, vulnerability and confusion is truly amazing.

The last time I felt like this was after watching David Lynch's "INLAND EMPIRE."

This is to say nothing of the game design and physics, which are also wonderful. I was a big fan of the Penumbra trilogy, and now I am a big fan of Amnesia. I will be hounding all my friends (well, those who play games, at least) to give it a shot, as well as recommending it to friends who are interested in interactive art and filmmaking, even if they aren't gamers (yet!). I feel your work with this game is something that would appeal to people who work in those mediums, too.

Congratulations on a job well done. I hope you guys can pay yourselves decently after this!
09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Thank you, Frictional Games - by Fitzcarraldo - 09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
RE: Thank you, Frictional Games - by Unreal - 09-12-2010, 09:42 AM