Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Small review, thoughts & Hopes (SPOILERS)
nevers Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Small review, thoughts & Hopes (SPOILERS)

I found it perfect except for 4 things and I think they did a very good job taking the best of penumbra and fixing its flaws.

The 4 problems are:
- Endless repetition of the same phrase by the guy in chains. There should've been more variations of the same message or at least a limit to how many times he can repeat the very same sentence.

-Many objects seem way too lightweight. This is especially true for boxes which you can easily throw through the whole room and when they fall down it sounds like they're made of carton rather than wood and metal.

-The visual distortion and slowed down movement during the flashbacks got very annoying towards the end. I think either the effects should not have been as strong or the flashbacks should've been skippable.

-Barricading a room as shown in a trailer seemed kind of pointless since the monsters can't open doors and have to destroy them in any case and you never need more time to escape than it takes them to destroy the doors anyway (actually I'm not even sure if it takes them longer if the door is blocked). I would've liked to see more of this sort of gameplay in the game, like moving a table in front of a door to block it. That seemed like fun.
09-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small review, thoughts & Hopes (SPOILERS) - by nevers - 09-13-2010, 08:16 AM