The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Thoughts About The Game (Spoilers)
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8
Random Thoughts About The Game (Spoilers)

Hmm, there were some stuff that I'm wondering about in the game that I might have missed the explanation of or just didn't fully understand, here goes...

1. In the Cistern, you have to climb to the platform that has a bridge connecting to the Control Room. Before you can do that, you have to access the ladder. There is a pipe protruding from the pillar of the platform, blocking the way down to the ladder. Who would put a pipe blocking the ladder from coming down there? What was the purpose? How did they use the ladder before if there was a pipe there all the time? Did the pipe just magically appear, or was it placed by a naughty monster to annoy us?

2. There are some doors that are barricaded and you can't go through them. Why were they barricaded, there are windows like that too? I don't think it reinforces the structure at all in any way, just like what they wanted to do in one of the flashbacks.

3. Do the monsters actually have some form of intelligence aside from their normal murderous ways? Later on in the game, when you enter the Chancel, you get ambushed by a bunch of monsters if you have completed collecting all of the orb pieces. You end up in a cell. That means they didn't rip you apart or eat you. When you regain consciousness in the cell, one monster's standing outside your cell, as if he was a guard who just locked you up, then leaves the room. Does Alexander have any form of control over them at all?

4. When I first started the game, I thought that the shadow was represented by all the scary and crazy things happening around us. I thought the monsters and the red organic matter were part of the shadow, or at least a manifestation of it. If Alexander has control over the monsters, then that means those things are not part of the shadow, which you both are trying to avoid right?

5. If the monsters are not part of the shadow, then how did they come to be? Are they undead like zombies? Are they reanimated corpses of victims of the fungi plague/poisoning? Why would they still seem to follow Alexander's orders?

6. In one of the letters, a worker for Professor Herbert escaped and seemed like he was attacked by a wild beast. When they checked their camp, everybody's already gone. This would mean that somehow, the shadow has a way of physically hurting people, but they could still get away from it, but what happened to everybody else at the camp? Why did they just disappear? Does the shadow have a body or a real form? Does it eat people? It is said that the shadow is very slow.

7. The water monsters or whatever they are called. How did they get transported to earth? I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, one letter mentions them being from another world, or was that just my imagination?

8. The red organic material, they don't seem to do anything except to pulsate, but why do they hurt us when we linger around near them for too long? According to one of Alexander's notes (or our flashback), he said that the shadow can cause the castle to weaken. Also, when he tried a ritual with the orb, those red organic material appeared, so he stopped the ritual. Does this mean that the real shadow are those red organic stuff?

9. Why is there a drum of boiling acid in the Kitchen of the Prison area? Some people might want a little sour flavoring in their food, but I don't think acid would be the answer.

10. Why are there skulls and bones inside a drawer?

12. Who lit all of those candles and torches in the other areas of the castle?

13. In the Chancel, are those bluegreen flames magical?

Anyway that's it from me for now, have fun answering lolSmile

09-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Random Thoughts About The Game (Spoilers) - by Adeno - 09-14-2010, 01:22 AM