The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS)
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2
Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS)

Just felt like getting it out of my system, you know...

The Prison. Oh lordy, what a scary place. Being in there reminded me a lot of some of the darker moments in the Penumbra games (dark, claustrophobic tunnels, etc.), which really didn't help soothe my fear. Anyway, I was creeping around just trying to get a feel for the place when I saw the first grunt come out of a cell atop a set of stairs ahead of me. My heart immediately took a dive into my stomach, and I thought "oh... great. This place isn't bad enough already". Luckily however, he didn't spot me and seemed more interested in heading off down a corridor in the other direction. I carefully tiptoed through the area he was in and tried to make my way toward the kitchen. I even managed to briefly fall into the blissfully safe routine of lighting torches, scavenging rooms for spare oil and tinderboxes, and generally trying to forget about my horrifying surroundings. Then I heard the scream.

It sounded like a whale being savaged by a pack of sharks, and it made the muscles in my body tense up instantly. I whipped around and saw him standing under a torch a good 50 yards down the hallway. Staring directly at me. There was a brief moment of tense fear as we both took each other in; and I spent it trying to shift my gaze away from his horribly disfigured hand, which would probably be more accurately described as a claw. Then he started lumbering towards me. I catapulted into action; whipping out my lantern, pulling a U-turn and sprinting down the hall in the other direction. I still didn't know where I was going, but anywhere that he wasn't was preferable at this point. Luckily, my shambling adversary didn't semm to be very fast; I figured I would just take a few turns and duck into a side room while he was still catching up.

Then my lantern went out. My optimism vanished almost immediately as my surroundings faded into blackness. The solid wall of darkness in front of me might even have been reassuring if not for the screaming in my ears and my rapidly deteriorating sanity. I broke into full panic mode, sprinting blindly through the dark corridors without a clue of where I was, where I was headed, or how far behind me my pursuer was. This blind chase continued for about another 15 seconds of full-speed sprinting before I started to wonder, "how big is this damn prison? Am I going in circles?" I decided to make a quick stop under a torch to assess the situation and determine a course of action. At least I was safe from my sluggishly gruesome friend back there for a few moments. I stopped to catch my breath, and turned around... and what I saw literally made my heart stop. He wasn't far off down the hall; HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME! I only caught a brief glimpse of his horrible form appearing out of the blackness before he brought his huge claw arm up, and landed it squarely on my face.

As Daniel collapsed to the ground and the screen faded to white, all I could do was lean back in my chair and stammer out the sentence "Jesus Christ, the f*ckers can run."

Thanks for the terrific game FG Big Grin Nothing's got my heart to race that fast in quite a while.
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS) - by Crabski - 09-14-2010, 08:21 AM