Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making cupboard doors fly open?
DrMelon Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open?

(09-15-2010, 01:50 PM)jens Wrote: First add a AddDebugMessage("Push Doors!", false); to the function where you are trying to do the AddBodyImpulse and make sure that the message is displayed, so you know it actually calls it.

I think you then should first try to give some impulse to a simple object, like a one of the small boxes that you can carry and throw around. Because the models with doors can be a bit tricky to get right.

When you have managed to do that, then go back to the cabinet and try that again.

Thanks for the reply. In answer to the first section of that post, I know this function works because the sanity-drain and the radial blur I turn on during this event happen as they should.

I'll try applying impulse to a box (during the same event), and I'll get back to you on how it goes.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to make a box leap into the air just fine. So I wonder why I can't get those doors to just... open? I'll try fiddling with the values some more, see if I'm maybe making it too weak or too strong.

EDIT2: Aha! I feel so stupid now! I forgot to set the auto-close off, and set the doors as not being closed! So now the doors open as they should because they aren't auto-closing as soon as they move a little bit past what I like to call the "deadzone".
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Making cupboard doors fly open? - by DrMelon - 09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open? - by jens - 09-15-2010, 01:50 PM
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open? - by DrMelon - 09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open? - by Marein - 10-18-2010, 03:08 AM
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open? - by jens - 10-18-2010, 04:51 AM
RE: Making cupboard doors fly open? - by Marein - 10-18-2010, 06:17 AM