Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Karkarov Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

Personally the length was dead on perfect. I myself did a let's play of the game that took me 19 days of 30 minutes a day to beat... Roughly around 9.5-10 hours was the total. Now by day 15 or so I honestly expected the game to be ending "just around the corner". That went on for about 3 hours of gameplay. So I think you nailed the length. Any longer and you would have been forced to create a new set of challenges or encounters to keep the player guessing because by the end you should be fairly toughened up and ready to handle whatever you have faced to that point.

My main complaint is the ending. I beat it multiple times to see all three but none of them are what I wanted. I won't say spoilers here since there is some insane chance someone who hasn't beaten the game yet might read this but lets just say I wanted to see some justice served. With the endings available it just couldn't be done. Also you did need to expand on the endings and make them a bit longer. Regardless I was extremely satisfied with the game and have recommended it to many many people.
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Karkarov - 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM