The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Did anyone else get this terrifying encounter?
xiao Offline

Threads: 4
Did anyone else get this terrifying encounter?

First post, just finished the game. Mind blown, it was absolutely amazing.

I was in one of the hallways in the game (can't exactly remember which one, but I think it was earlier than halfway in the game, before we met the brutes definitely)... it looked like this, if this helps anyone get a description of it.

EDIT: I believe this was in the storage after reading lots of other similar stories.

Down the middle was a long bar-ish table with some supplies on it. The left side of the room was dark with no doors but a few tinderboxes, the right side of the room had two doors. If you went straight around the long table and went straight there was another door with stairs that went down.

Anyways I was exploring the right side, entered the first door, got some supplies. Went to enter the second door and as I flung it open there was a grunt RIGHT THERE screaming and staring right at me as it began to move towards me. I flipped shit, then ran down the stairs at the end of the hallway and hid from it. It disappeared after that, but I was slow as fuck going back into that room again.

I am never bothered by jump scares, but this one really got me good. Many parts in this game scared the shit out of me, but something stood out about this one.

It's really amazing, FG, that you could create such a scary game with such a small team. This is the scariest game I've ever played. Fuck it, it's the scariest....anything. Scarier than any game I've ever played (I've never really been scared by a game despite playing many horror games), scarier than any movie I've seen (and I love scary movies, but they don't really scare me) and scarier than haunted houses and halloween crap. Just by sitting down and thinking about what REALLY scares people (darkness, claustrophobia, confusion, vulnerability, uncertainty, monsters that you can't even look at... absolutely brilliant) made the biggest impact. Absolutely smashing.

(Also I think it's totally brilliant how FG didn't overstuff this game with jump scares, but still included a few brilliant ones... the best of both worlds, totally effective.)

But yeah, anyways, TL;DR i shat my pants.
09-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Did anyone else get this terrifying encounter? - by xiao - 09-17-2010, 08:56 AM