Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Spoilers* The Torture Victims
superluser Offline

Threads: 3
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims

(10-18-2010, 07:06 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I strongly suspect that the killings ramped up drastically during the time that Daniel was there, to ward the active shadow chasing him.

Indeed. This is explicitly stated.

But Wilhelm kidnapped killed 100 people over the span of two years, and I doubt that he was the only one. That instantly doubles the murder rate of Bathory, who took four years to kill almost as many. At the very least, Alexander would have had two abducting at the same time, in case one fails for some reason (captured, killed, gets a conscience, whatever). When you're kidnapping one a week, that's got to put pressure on making sure the prisoner flow is stable.

(10-18-2010, 09:04 PM)Karkarov Wrote: Logic dictates he isn't going to get alot of heat from the law since there are literally, no witnesses, no evidence, or any sort of proof that it even happened. They are just "gone".

I'm not sure if logic dictates that, but I'm not going to get too upset over what the right word is here; your meaning was clear enough.

Even if they are just gone, people will notice. Especially since these are nobles. And yes, these are nobles.

(10-18-2010, 09:04 PM)Karkarov Wrote: Last thing you need to do more research yourself buddy. The Order of the Black Eagle was basically the ruling party of Prussia. When you are bro's with the King in a monarchy you can pretty much get away with just about anything. There is no "protection" to it, he was above the law, he WAS the law. Other than the one "messenger" he left to die in his cells he never killed anyone who was high profile. Wilhelm was a disgraced low rank nobleman, no one would miss him hell he took the job hoping Alexander would put in a good word for him, Wilhelm's men were just generic thugs and toughs from who knows where, etc etc. This isn't CSI Miami, there are no forensics, most of these people no one would have ever come looking for from the get go.

Presumably, you can't get away with anything, because Alexander had to lock up the king's men because of fears of an investigation. Wilhelm's men were the king's men. If they disappeared, someone would have gone looking for them.

(10-18-2010, 09:04 PM)Karkarov Wrote: Lastly the girl and her family were not well off. They were dairy farmers, they had a farm that accounts for the "large estate" aka house and barn. That doesn't make you "rich" trust me ask any American farmer today. Also they had just been killed literally within the last day or two. People may not even know they are dead yet. This isn't modern times people did live on their own and only go to towns and such once or twice a week back then.

They had land.

They were filthy stinking rich.

In 1834, almost all of Prussian land was owned by the nobility, especially in the north. I should actually qualify that by saying that these people would have been poor nobles, but they would not have been people who could have been ignored.

(10-18-2010, 09:04 PM)Karkarov Wrote: Also castle Brennenburg is basically smack dab in the middle of "Prussian control". Like I said the Order of the Black Eagle are the rulers of Prussia and certain distinguished members from outside the country. The reason I mention napoleon is because Alexander does it himself in one of his own memory things you find in the transept and clearly states the Order had taken issue with him. Am I the only person who actually looked for these things?

Brennenberg is not in the middle of Prussian control, it's way the heck out in Farther Pomerania (unless it was in Swedish Pomerania, an area that wasn't part of Prussia until after the Thirty Years War and thus even further outside of political circles). Alexander was way the heck away from any center of power, and was probably though of as a weird hick baron. That would have worked for keeping his reports from getting to the king, but it would have made it easier to put him on trial if he started killing hundreds of people.
10-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
*Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by lizardfolk - 09-17-2010, 08:23 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by Kein - 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by mansarde - 09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by mansarde - 10-06-2010, 03:56 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by Sexbad - 09-20-2010, 03:33 AM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by Hannibal - 09-27-2010, 02:53 AM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by Kein - 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by tonewww - 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
RE: *Spoilers* The Torture Victims - by mansarde - 10-07-2010, 06:06 PM