Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My thoughts on Amnesia TDD
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD

I have yet to play previous Penumbra games, but the one thing that caught my eye in this post is;
"Quote"... the sneaking option was either impossible or consumed way too much time."UnQuote"

I sneaked (snuck?) throughtout the game and it IS possible to avert the baddie almost all the time. Hiding terrified in the dark as the baddie passes nearby or creeping past him without him noticing is a huge thrill for me.
...consumed too much time.... sounds odd as most of us here are griping about the game being too short.
And, personally, I loved the settings. I'm afraid I cannot get overly scared - or even that interested in roaming around offices regardless of monsters. The last thing I want in a game is to be reminded of work.
For me horror games need the full Gothic/Hammer treatment to get immersed.

in a real setting such as this a monster that powerful would kill you with only one or two swipes of it's claws so I find that good enough reason to keep out of it's way and avoid any form of combat.

See what an impossible job it is to please everyone when you make a game? we all want it different.
I give the game 10 stars (with one of them dimmed a bit because the game ended before I was ready for the end.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Wehmis - 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by xiao - 09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Bek - 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Jinix - 09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Zanderat - 09-18-2010, 03:29 PM