Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps

Yeah indeed, once you get to Tau Ross says the WAU shrieked and its heart size increase no doubt means a heightened sense of (self)awareness.

Funny though how Simon gets scared when he sees the heart, it really doesn't look that freaky compared to regular WAU growth around Pathos-II.

Also Alpha seems pretty badly hidden and close to existing Pathos II infrastructure if it's supposed to be hidden.

Other little things I noticed:
- If you don't interact with Carl Semken, Simon won't mention him to Catherine, just saying all the robots he met are insane, and Catherine will say "hmm, strange". I'm wondering whether it's possible that during some of the early dialog with her, she may not have yet been aware she was a mockingbird, or was trying to hide it from you. I wonder if she hoped or thought if you were human, or knew you were a mockingbird since the start.

- If you get inside the stranded escape vessel in front of Lambda before meeting Catherine, he will mention it to her.

- If you sabotage the curie before plugging Catherine into the escape vessel, and only plug her in after the "chase", she will say "what's going on why are all the alarms going off" and Simon responds "I messed up get us out of here"

- You can die by letting the Zeppelin land on you.

- Killing the little white helper bot seems to be the good choice, and the bulkier talking one the "bad" choice. The little white helper bot apparently isn't corrupted by WAU, and is driven by basic AI, a schematic shows remote piloting this bot also isn't among its features, while the talking helper bot has (delusional) personalities trapped in them, controlling the bot.

- Sometimes mockingbirds think they do things but the bot doesn't actually move. The helper bot in Delta seems convinced he's working on stuff, even though he's aimlessly parading around a ruined and abandoned Delta. Carl Semken can see his feet but the bot he occupies doesn't even have mechanical legs. A cinematic promo movie shows a submarine helper bot (the one that's easy to evade) broken down on the floor, but talking as if it's having a conversation with someone.

- If you don't kill Simon at Omicron, it doesn't change any dialog, Simon3 still mentions he killed him.

- You can throw the inactive helper bots outside Omicron into the abyss. After restoring power they may not always return. (actually they don't sink all the way into the abyss but fall onto a false bottom a couple hundred meters below, and after reactivating they rise up the plateau again but may get stuck against the rocky facade)

- After entering Tau, a message says the airlock is pressurizing, or something. What is that about? I thought it was supposed to be Yin Yoshida entering from outside, but I didn't find any entrance in the section he roams.

- You can call the infirmary, and Sarah Lindwall will say she doesn't want to talk to another robot.

- Phi seems relatively well preserved from WAU growth. Alpha is the worst as it's completely submerged underwater and taken over by tentacles.

- Transitioning into a WAU creature doesn't seem painless. Simon was woken up from his lucid dreaming by a falling elevator. The WAU victims in Tau, the coccoon has hands and scratch marks according to the concept drawing trying to rip the scales off of him. Robot girl is always crying when she's not angry. The strange creature in Tau with webcams attached to him is clenching his bedsheet and breathing heavily. Amy (girl with WAU lungs) is still alert and seems to be experiencing if not pain, at least a lot of discomfort.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2016, 12:40 PM by cantremember.)
05-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps - by cantremember - 05-22-2016, 12:38 PM