Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Help
Placeable Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Sound Help

Quote:Thanks, you're really helpfull. So, to conclude, it's better to use an area for a sound than the actual sound itself. I think I understand most of the basics now.

For scripting, yes. Depends on what you want to do. The sounds I place out are merely there for ambience, constant ones.

Quote:I have one room with no light and a door leading into another room, which is a bit more lit with a tint of green (BoxLight). The problem is, when opening the door to the other room, the door suddenly gets lit by the BoxLight. And it looks horrible. Is there any other way to evade this other than spinning the door so it opens the other way?

Nope, you have to live with it. Or fill the other room with the same box. Alternatively you can use Point Light for this to make it 'blend' into the door transition or whatnot. You can change the radius of the point light to fit your needs; if it's a relatively small room it shouldn't be a problem. Bigger maybe use several point lights.

Or if that is no good you could try and place a few box lights that goes through the door transition, each with a different more faded/weaker color than the original box light to give the appearance of a 'fade'.
10-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Sound Help - by Stangi - 10-01-2010, 03:13 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Placeable - 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Stangi - 10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Placeable - 10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Stangi - 10-01-2010, 10:52 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Placeable - 10-01-2010, 11:25 PM
RE: Sound Help - by Stangi - 10-02-2010, 08:44 PM