Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error
vikeyev Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error

(10-15-2010, 02:15 PM)Urkle Wrote: An MD5 is simply a checksum of the contents of the file. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum

Having the incorrect checksum means that your file is corrupted on disk. Now at one point you had a copy of the file with the correct MD5 (which I posted above). If you are having MD5 checksum issues loading that file, then it is most likely that A your harddrisk is failing, or B you have bad memory in your system. (probably the memory). I would suggest running memory diagnostics on your computer via the memtest86+ which you should be able to install in openSuse from the repositories. (it'll show up in your boot menu)

did you have these issues running the demo version of Amnesia?

Nope not a single problem with the demo, except the one with no sound but you helped me out with that one.

I have checked and rechecked my memory and HDD over and over again, before I started using linux when I was still using windows, everything started to go straight down the toilet. I brought a brand new pc, and upon installation of XP and 7 I would constantly get BSODS. I was on multiple forums desperately seeking help and the most common answer I got was run a disk check which always came up flawlessly the second most common answer I got was you have faulty memory. So I ran memtest86+ (I've still got it on a cd somewhere) multiple times and not a single error came up. Then someone told me I should run it for about 2 hours, so I ran it for 4 hours to be on the safe side. Not one single error came up, this computer is about 2-3 months old and I have had nothing but troubles with it. The only way I can actually use it is to not run windows so I chose linux. Which usually runs quite well but this md5 error is starting to get on my nerves.

I have reformatted again and decided to install Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat and I'm about to redownload Amnesia and cross my fingers that I don't get the md5 error. Is the installation method exactly the same for Ubuntu as OpenSuSE?

MOBO: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245
GPU: Radeon HD5770
RAM: Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V
PSU: 600 watt shark
HDD: West Gate 1TB 7200RPM SATA2
10-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: md5 checksum error and no suitable frontend error - by vikeyev - 10-16-2010, 06:40 AM