Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Naming my campaign and its protagonist
NewPueblo Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Naming my campaign and its protagonist

(08-10-2016, 08:11 PM)cadely Wrote: That sounds like an interesting idea! Maybe one element of the story you could pay careful attention to and reveal over time would be the reason why the Norma Space Station suffered from severe repercussions.

Wow! I actually completely forgot about this. I spent about a week last month learning a lot about SOMA mod-making and then I took a break due to frustration. I actually just created a "script" today for the whole story, and am about to start development.

As for the naming of this project, It's going to be called 'Impact Event', based on the name they gave it in SOMA. I substituted a temporary name for the protagonist in my game files (the names are always important!), but I think I'll take Michael Gauss.

There's not a whole lot more to talk about, here's the mod description if your interested, "On the 7th of November, 2101, the Norma Space Station (NSS) is tasked with constructing and executing a destructive apparatus to prevent the comet Telos from colliding with the Earth. You, the lead scientist in this project, aid the NSS in creating and using the device against the comet, but unfortunately the event suffers from severe repercussions as the Norma Space Station is devastated and it's power is almost completely wiped. The comet Telos further proceeds towards its destination. This campaign takes place a few years before SOMA in the setting of space. Explore the NSS, travel to the unknown, and most importantly, find a way to save humanity while there's still time.".

...and by the way. This story will actually have a "huge impact" (see what I did there?) on SOMA's story and setting. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 06:11 AM by NewPueblo.)
09-02-2016, 06:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Naming my campaign and its protagonist - by NewPueblo - 09-02-2016, 06:09 AM