Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Multiplayer (THEORY)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (THEORY)

I have previously thought about creating some kind of mockup engine to render Amnesia's assets outside of HPL. What got me the idea was a third party Level Editor, which would be written more natively to the OS and include extra features and probably fix some of the bugs and inconveniences as well. Basically all it would do is use its own renderer to display the .dae files and such, and otherwise just read and write XML files for .map, .ent etc. Of course, you'd need to fully understand how all the XML files are structured to be able to recreate one that HPL can also read, which is a challenge, but far from impossible.

I sometimes thought about attempting such a project myself, perhaps mostly to learn from it, but I've never actually decided to try. The closest I made was this thing just for fun.

As for networking, it would be a much larger task as it would have to almost incorporate both my idea + more, but I don't see it as impossible. But then again, actually adding networking support to HPL itself isn't impossible either - just highly unlikely and not worth the effort. I think the "worth the effort" is the only real obstable for these ideas.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2016, 05:58 PM by Mudbill.)
09-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia Multiplayer (THEORY) - by Spelos - 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (THEORY) - by Mudbill - 09-24-2016, 05:58 PM