The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm

So I'm considering making another mod. But a short one this time, my previous development (especially mapping) time killed me a few times.

I thought about something out of ordinary- making a detetective story in amnesia. I want it to not only present a story to the player, but give him the quest of solving a case.
The clues and evidence they would or wouldn't find might change the possible outcome and final solution.
Also, I want to implement something like a deduction system, where the player would have to arrange certain clues to solve a problem. Of course there would be possibility of player getting a correct, half-right and completely wrong solution, depending on their reasoning. Player would present their deduction on a display board, perhaps arrange it in a certain order or perhaps even link clues (although this one seems extremally tough to make).

Mementos would be changed into Clues, and would be added upon interacting with certain items etc.

These ideas require a lot of thorough thinking, plenty of scripting, and some new assets.
All this is a clusterfuck of a concept, so I need some creative help and critique.
My questions for you are:
How would you differently present the deduction system ?
How would you present clues different than puzzle items, such as notes (I remind you they are only readable in the notebook after picking up), arrangment of objects on a crime scene, or events in which the hero takes part ?
Besides phone conversations like in ATMFP, how dialogues could be implemented ?
And finally, is this all even possible ? Are these ideas decent enough to put in all the effort and thinking ?

PS. No, I haven't read nor watched Sherlock Holmes. I just think that the Amnesia setting is perfect for a paranormal investigation :3

PPS. Atmosphere ? Think of smooth noir jazz, cigarettes, rainy nights and crime.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 06:59 PM by Darkfire.)
10-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm - by Darkfire - 10-11-2016, 06:24 PM