Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help The only spooky thing here is errors
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: The only spooky thing here is errors

Protip; don't use the Error log for crashes, just use the hpl.log and LevelEditor.log (the latter is in Documents/HPL2/ on a Windows system). Error logs tell you/me what is running at the time of the crash, while the hpl.log keeps it completely focused on Amnesia.

一个问题: Speedrun your mod until the crash occurs and grab the hpl.log file. If there's something in map 4 causing problems, then that's how we'll know. Pulling Streetboat aside to grab that same file can help too, since if there's something faulty with your installation and not his, then that may help.

两个问题: Compare your Level Editor's settings to Streetboat. Underneath Level Settings up top, there's an actual Options tab, if I recall, you want the second tab (Performance(?)), see if anything is different between the two.

For your silly rotating textures and otherwise, if they're assigned to an entity, try deleting the .msh and opening the .dae/.ent in the Model Viewer to get a new mesh.

There should be a few more things we can try (likely with the Material Editor), but the logs may help a little more~

* The Chinese above me maybe wrong. I may have said "one question" and "two questions" respectively. I woke up 9 minutes ago, no time for grammar checks.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The only spooky thing here is errors - by Romulator - 12-07-2016, 01:58 AM