Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for game - I have one, who want?
ZifStone Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Idea for game - I have one, who want?

So time is out. Lets say concept loud)

I will do it in question-answer style and then I will make summary.

Q: Most horror games are very dark. Can we do it more light?
A: Actually yes. For example Alien: Isolation. It is not very dark and it is still scary.

Q: But can we do it more light? Can we do it in "everything is okay" style?
A: Actually yes. Remember Matrix. While you in The Matrix everything is okay and it is an illusion.
Also we can remember more things based on illusions: The Truman Show, The Island, Black Mirror "Men Against Fire".
The Matrix - illusion for many people. And we actually don't know why it is necessary. Maybe it is possible to runaway without the Matrix. This is a hardware illusion.
The Truman Show - illusion for one man to make reality show. Reality illusion.
The Island - illusion for many people to live and be healthy. Reality illusion.
Black Mirror "Men Against Fire" - illusion for many people to filter information. Augmented reality illusion with implants.

Q: Can we do augmented reality illusion without implants and hardware?
A: Yes it is possible. For example in chemical way. Lets imagine we have matter which makes illusion directly in your mind. Moreover your mind became cheating you.
Situation #1: You see the door. You are coming closer. You see that other men came into the door. But you don't see door handle. Your mind augments reality and hide the door handle from you.
Situation #2: You see a lot of people around you. You see how they do some actions but when you coming closer you see that these people just sleep and you can't awake them. In reality all these people are dead but your mind augments reality.
Situation #3: You get some note. When you are full of matter you just see the text. But when matter concentration decreased you can see hidden things in this note. Also when matter concentration decreased you can find inconsistencies in illusions and you can avoid some mind cheats.

Also you have some way to control how many matter is in your body. If it is too much - you don't see open ways and all your enemies seems friends. You can see happy smiles on their faces and you are happy to meet them.
If it is too low matter in body - you feel sick and you see more things "as is" but you have risk of insanity.

So the key idea is "augmented reality in chemical way" which supports illusion that "everything is okay". It augments everything - you, friends, enemies, other people, things around you. It controls your thoughts. I think this concept may be applied in different settings: prison, medical center, social experiment, space flight or other. So you may choose any setting because I have no setting preference.
02-21-2017, 02:20 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea for game - I have one, who want? - by ZifStone - 02-21-2017, 02:20 AM