Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

First thoughts after finishing Amnesia: TDD
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43
RE: First thoughts after finishing Amnesia: TDD

Yeah, first playthrough was amazing, but then the 2nd playthrough you realise that the so called random encounters arn't random in any shape or form.

But i suppose this is very hard to do, because sometimes when people play they may not actually find much monsters if its random. Atleast there woudl be a few unlucky people. Also after using the level editor and also loading the actual story maps in level editor you see exactly where enemys spawn and where they walk to, so i dont recommend doing that unless you've completed it as many times as you want to because it ruins it, as:

Spoiler below!

I found out that in the prison section there are many scripted areas which spawns an enemy to walk a certain path, so you could just sit in the one position and no enemy woudl ever find you because there is non, and when an enemy finishes the path it disapears. Thats why sometimes people experience 2 monsters in the one area because they ran through 2 scripted areas which therefore activate an enemy each. Not sure if this was intended.

Anyway i wish there were more enemy types because they get boring eventually. Scary game anyway despite the flaws.
12-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First thoughts after finishing Amnesia: TDD - by LoneWolf - 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM