Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Story things I need clarified *SPOILERS*
stevensonbak Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Story things I need clarified *SPOILERS*

I think I'll take a crack at this.

1. The virus did indeed affect these animals, they just have different affects on them depending on their genetic structure. The giant worms are a great example of a simple, tiny creature, mutating into a giant monstrosity thanks to the virus.

2. Most likely, Red entered The Shelter and got attacked by a Tuurngait much like Phillip did, or equally likely he was attacked by an infected dog, transmitting the virus.
And as far as I know, the "transformation" effect takes place over a period of time, its not like turning into a werewolf. He probably knew he would be overcome with the desire to kill Phillip if he came in contact with him, and that would completely ruin his chance of dying due to his inability to commit suicide.

3. You are correct, Phillip certaintly had a very different reaction to the virus, but it could be attributed to him successfully completing the "trial", preventing his transformation, but nontheless now carrying a second personality in his head, Clarence.
Clarence is also an interesting case, as instead of trying to preserve Phillip like the voices in the other infected, he wants to be freed through his death. Obviously, the Tuurngait did not take kindly to that mutation and destroyed Clarence. How Clarence developed that personality, I have no idea.
Finally, I don't he removed the memories of Red, in fact, he encouraged Phillip to remember him, trying to drive him to suicide from guilt, when there was nothing to be guilty about.

4. That character obviously was handling his infection a lot worse than Red had... Its hard to tell what an insane man will do next.
I'm not sure why he was in Requiem, my memory of that storyline is particularly foggy.

5. That is most likely an attempt by Shelter security to contain the situation towards the end of the Tuurngait Uprising... obviously, they failed.
And they're bad shots.

6. Well, according to what I remember, he is some sort of alien god that once was active in the universe, and eventually attempted to bury himself in Greenland to protect himself from humanity, so that might explain why he's so omniscient.

7. Odds are he was infected himself, completed the trial as Phillip had, and completed the final task of informing Phillip of the existence of the Shelter and the need to seal it off from the world.
So, what would you do if that was all that there was left to do? You can't leave, the Tuurngait wouldn't allow that...

8. Phillip feels the Tuurngait is just a beacon for chaos and misery, and as long as he exists, more will come and fall under his control, and the only way to contain him would be utter destruction.
That shows sympathy with Clarence because he only desired to be free, be his own man, have his own body, which he temporarily achieved at the end. Under the Tuurngait, no one is free, everyone has voices telling them what to do, so Phillip coincided with Clarence's philosophy much more than the Tuurngait's.

9. If Phillip didn't die, that means he didn't fulfill his duty of either sealing off or destroying the Tuurngait himself. Instead, like his father, he encouraged someone else with a better chance and resources to do the job, seeing as he himself was about to be absorbed into the Tuurngait.

10. The only question I cannot answer truthfully, as I played through it a long time ago, now having next to no memory of what occurred in it.
12-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Story things I need clarified *SPOILERS* - by stevensonbak - 12-19-2010, 06:49 AM