Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

>|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38
RE: >|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<

(12-28-2010, 05:12 PM)nihilist Wrote: Not sure where it would be better to post this (i don't think it deserves a new thread) and the title does say "best moments". Well, the game was quite kick-ass but there are two moments which really stood out for me:

Spoiler below!
First, the Transept happened to be the last chamber i went to before going towards the orb chamber (and getting stop midway by three of those godforsaken atrocitiesBig Grin) and it must have been the most illuminating (pun intended) tense and frightening moment in the whole game, even if there's not a single enemy in the level. I investigated the rooms below first and then went upstairs, and while I appreciated the fact that through the course of the game you had, to some extent, a freedom in the order in which the areas were investigated and the puzzles solved, maybe some linearity would have worked here. It would have been nice to create some sort of puzzle that involved the three rooms, in such a way that solely by completing it you would have been granted access upstairs. The cool thing would have been that once the puzzle was solved and you crawled out of those awful dark corridors, to find the whole Transept bathed in hellish light and dead prisoners in all the cages (there was one of them at a certain point, but more is better in this caseBig Grin). Also, once the upstairs chamber was taken care off, it would have been really nice to hear this unearthly howl and have some gruesome unimaginable monstrosity take shape in that illuminated hall. I guess it fits the bill, after witnessing all the horrors in those torture chambers, it would be nice for all that fear, pain and grief to take some sort of shape. There's the question of how you'd run past such a thing, but I guess it would be interesting to make it blind so that creeping really really slowly and as far away from it as possible would make it safe for you to traverse the hall. Of course, any normal person would probably be incredibly scared by this point and you can have the monster walk around randomly, so it remains an intense experience.

The second most insane moment was in the morgue. I entered the room with the dead guy and I told myself, "hmm, let's look for a good place to hide, in case something comes out of that dark corridor. Let's open the door on the right...AAAA...HOLY SHIIII..." and I slammed the door shut. It was the one with the pile of rotting corpses in filthy water, it will haunt me forever. Then I said "ok, not in here..." and ran opening the other door..."...TTTTT!!!!", as it too was filled with a pile of corpses.

Frictional Games, you're next title must clearly begin with a butt-naked protagonist, getting up from a pile of corpses in some putrid, horrid dungeon, with no recollection whatsoever about anything.Big Grin

WHOA, you posted a full story/storyline here Big Grin
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by Frontcannon - 12-27-2010, 07:40 PM
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by waqas12346 - 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by waqas12346 - 12-27-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: >|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|< - by waqas12346 - 12-28-2010, 06:02 PM