Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

>|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<
nihilist Offline

Threads: 0
RE: >|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|<

Ups, I've finished the game today and was to baffled to remember another episode that took place a few weeks ago (I'm really busy, but I've found time to play now, since I'm on a short vacation):

Spoiler below!

The windows in the Study...there's a room there (if i recall, the one where you find Agrippa's letter to Weyer, what's it doing there anyway?!), and if you take a peak out the window you'll see another window to the left, and through it a part of the castle that is inaccessible. The first thing I thought was "oh my god, if i see a monster waving its hand from over there I'm going to die...". Sadly, it didn't happen, but I guess it would have been simply insane to look out that window and see it shambling about over there(I've had at least two such experiences in the prison, when you can clearly see monsters wandering around in the distance, beyond some locked gate, but those moments weren't as half as scary as something like this would be. You expect the prison to be crawling with monsters and anyway, those in your immediate proximity are a lot more of a concern then those wandering in the distance. Also, after I broke the window in the study and starting jumping on the perches, I took a peak inside the hallway and said to myself "gee...if there was some locked door around here that would suddenly burst open and some hideous thing would start stalking the hallway, what would I do?". Once again, sadly it never happened.

Don't get me wrong, I like my horror games with as few actual enemies as possible, I like the fear and tension induced by the unknown and the unfolding of the events, not by monsters jumping around every corner, but I felt that it would have worked great to see something like that in those moments, it would have really made the already very tense and unsettling atmosphere explode.

Also, the lions in front of the prison don't really work. They are good in the Back Hall, but something more evil and sinister should have guarded the entrance to that grizzly prison. Perhaps some sort of winged lions? (with demon wings of courseBig Grin)
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by Frontcannon - 12-27-2010, 07:40 PM
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by waqas12346 - 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM
RE: Your Best Moments!!! - by waqas12346 - 12-27-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: >|>|>|!!! Your Best Moment's In Amnesia The Dark Descent !!!|<|<|< - by nihilist - 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM