Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with LANG files.
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Trouble with LANG files.

(12-29-2010, 08:50 AM)DaedinXZ Wrote: So after following all of the tutorials, and even directly copying other peoples LANG files, using the HplLangTool, and testing different things for almost 2 days, I have come to the conclusion that my game will simply not read my .LANG file, for whatever reason.

I'm trying to add a simple note, and it is the first note of my map.
<LANGUAGE>
  <CATEGORY Name="Warden's Logs">
    <Entry Name="Description">The recorded logs of the prison warden
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
  <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Name">Warden's Log: Day 12
    </Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_WardensLog12_Text">It's been nearly two weeks since...
    </Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Now, the Text entry is curtailed because I was just testing it before writing the entire note, but either way, it does not work. The directory of my .map file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In\Maps\The Cave-In.map"

My .LANG file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\maps\The Cave-In"

The second Maps folder within the original "The Cave-In" folder is to organize all my different maps within the actual game itself.

The entity I have used is "note_paper01", and I renamed it "Note_WardensLog12", and in the NoteText box I have written "WardensLog12"

Lastly, the name of my LANG file itself is simply "extra_english".

I have tried to provide all the information necessary, and I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Regards,
DaedinXZ

(C:/Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/"Your story"/extra_english.lang not inside the maps look at my files:
.jpg   Files.jpg (Size: 162.86 KB / Downloads: 136)

I think thats the problem why its not working. Try it.

It that doesnt work: Try this: check this: Press ALT then -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View then unmark this " Hide extensions for known filetypes"

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM by HumiliatioN.)
12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Trouble with LANG files. - by DaedinXZ - 12-29-2010, 08:50 AM
RE: Trouble with LANG files. - by HumiliatioN - 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
RE: Trouble with LANG files. - by DaedinXZ - 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
RE: Trouble with LANG files. - by HumiliatioN - 12-29-2010, 10:09 AM