The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which box art do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North American version
1.90%
2 1.90%
Old version
98.10%
103 98.10%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The North American box art is terrible
Cookieeater Offline

Threads: 4
The North American box art is terrible

For a game that relies a lot on mystery, the North American box art is terrible.

[Image: 51sA-DqmKGL.jpg]

From what this art is, a person that looks at it would expect it to be a screamer video game that has a bunch of monsters pop out at you which is not Amnesia. It also looks really amateurish like it was made from a really low budget 1998 game. Another problem is that it shows Daniels face. It's ironic that Frictional Games tried so hard to immerse the player as Daniel by leaving his physical characteristics blank so players can fill it in and then show Daniel on the box art. PLEASE change the box art.

[Image: f11232.png]
This would be acceptable.

For advertising, people do judge a book by it's cover. If I were going through a store and I saw the North American box art, I would presume it as a trashy low budget screamer horror game. If I saw the box art on the bottom, I would think it's eerie, mysterious, and distinctive from all the other horror games out there, which is what Amnesia is about. I think all of the fans here would say that the North American box art sucks.
01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The North American box art is terrible - by Cookieeater - 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM