The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A new Age of terror thanks to Frictional?
Firia Offline

Threads: 5
A new Age of terror thanks to Frictional?

I'm being hopeful here. I don't have any links to projects going on.

Every step of interactive scares has lead to bigger better frights from people that "get it." First there was Alone in the Dark. Resident Evil followed. In a new direction, Silent Hill took the crown. From there, it's been an all out free for all for who is the best. Frictional was able to deliver a compelling and absolutely terrifying experience with an indy budget on Amnesia, and a simple recipe; run, hide, explore, poop pants.

With their sudden success, it's bound to turn heads. Amnesias' basic recipe is going to land on peoples drawing boards, by writers coders and budgeters alike. I wouldn't be surprised if in a little over a year we see another game using similar mechanics, bigger budget, and all new story doing exactly what Amnesia did. Like Resident Evil 1 was the archetype for hundreds (exaggeration) of games that followed it, Amnesia- I can only hope, will be the archetype for hundreds of immersive survival horror games that follow it.

I'm curious too, what the Frictional Team could do with double the budget and team.
02-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A new Age of terror thanks to Frictional? - by Firia - 02-19-2011, 12:11 PM