The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Environtmental Resources Dev choices
Firia Offline

Threads: 5
Environtmental Resources Dev choices

By now, we're all familiar with the old teaser trailer Frictional released for Amnesia's August 2010 release. There were a few trailer details that didn't make it into the game that I have been silently asking myself ever since I noticed the discrepancy. So I'm hoping to get an answer or two.

Here's the trailer link. Watch it now, or after reading my post.

At about 2 minutes in, Daniel is running from a monster. It's a classic run and hide scenario we've all done. But Dan adds a little something extra that I haven't been able to quite emulate; Daniel moves a table in front of the door. Have you been able to shift a table?

The table has nice physics too. As it hits the door jam, all its table top contents shift over. It was a physics detail beautiful enough to get the attention of an illustrator (like myself) classmate. There was even a little Jesus Cross figurine that I don't remember seeing in the final make of the game.

I have a Western copy of the game, and can understand that maybe a figure of Jesus on the cross might have some unexpected and unwanted connotations. But I'm curious why the devs chose to not allow players to shift desks. When available, I'd jam crates, and barrels into a doors path, but I was never able to do a desk.

Anyone can chime in; your thoughts, things the devs mighta done differently, tried but didn't go through with, or perhaps pushed current aspects of the game further. While I'm hoping for a dev response, this is by no means an isolated topic. Smile
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Environtmental Resources Dev choices - by Firia - 03-15-2011, 10:36 AM