Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!)
smapho123 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!)

Spoiler below!

Overture

At any time during play did you...

...call Phillip an idiot for a) going to Greenland in the first place, b) wandering the wilderness with no shelter but that convenient mineshaft, or c) not bailing as soon as things started to get weird?

a) No, but he really should have brought a satellite phone or something like that.
b) Yes.
c) No.

... cuss out the auto save when it saved at the worst possible moment?

I didn't actually cuss, but I did get pretty ticked when it saved right before I died in the spider chase.

... have to go back to an earlier save because you forgot something important?

I don't think I did.

... shout out loud for Red to shut up whenever he started yammering on at the wrong time?

I just ignored him.

... go from being annoyed by Red’s jaw flapping to welcoming it because it was the only friendly thing in the whole area?

Yes. I thought Red was annoying at first, but then I welcomed the "Radio is transmitting" text.

... get stuck on a puzzle, consult an internet walkthrough, and then feel like an idiot because the answer was so damned obvious?

No but it did take me about an hour to solve the generator puzzle (I didn't know you could break the fences by the shaft).
... wish you hadn’t turned the generator on?

Yes. I thought it would be much easier to hide from the dogs if the lights were off.

... wonder if the dogs regained their health whenever they ran off screen because the one you were trying to kill just wouldn’t die?

Yup.

... crouch on top of a crate or barrel with pickaxe in hand and get weird looks from family/friends/roommates as you called “Here puppy, puppy, puppy...”?

I didn't get any weird looks, but I did do that.

... say out loud “Hey mutt, I’m right here!” to a dog that you were hoping to kill as it walked right past you without even seeing you?

I don't think I did.

... got weird looks (and the occasional concerned sounding “Are you alright?”) from friends/family/roommates when you fell off the barrel or crate and were shouting and cussing at Phillip because he just wouldn’t jump back up there?

I never fell of a box in the first place.

... wonder after running from a giant worm “What the hell am I doing here?”?

Actually no, I was too freaked out to be thinking anything like that.

... feel physically ill and try to stop the incinerator?

I didn't feel sick, but I did try to turn off the incinerator.

... feel sorry for Red when you learn just how long he had been down there?

Yes. Very.

... feel even more sorry for Red once you learned that he had been a child when he was stranded down there?

Yup.

... get steamed at least a half dozen times in the Refinery?

Yes. I probably died at least 20 times there.

... try to flee from a dog and end up running right smack into it instead?

Yup. Fortunately there was a catwalk I could get up to. Unfortunately I jumped off it and died.

...accidentally set yourself on fire during the spider chase?

You could do that?Huh

(If you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: “This isn’t the Refinery.”?

Now that I think about it, yes I did.

... deliberately blow yourself up with the explosive just for laughs?

No. Instead I tried putting them in cupboards and such to see what happens.

... jump down in those large crevices towards the end just for kicks?

No.

Black Plague

... wonder who's nightmare inspired that weird ass dream sequence thing?

Not really.

... chuckle the first time you saw an Infected?

No. I was way too scared.

... find the voice of the Infected humorous?

I actually found it demonic.

... laugh hysterically when you died during a tense moment?

I don't think I ever died at a tense moment.

... think sarcastically that the Archaic sounded like a great company to work for?

No, but I literally said "WTF is going on here!?" when it got to the cyanide capsule part in the instructional video.

... grin like a maniac even as you were trying to stay alive because you were having such a good time?

Not really.

... chuckle at some of the things that Clarence said, even as you imagined yourself wrapping your fingers around his throat and squeezing?

Guilty.

... let out a screech/shriek/scream when the body damn near fell on your head while climbing the scaffolding?

Yes. It was really scary because I thought there was going to be another worm encounter.

... freeze to death while wandering around outside?

No. I was quicker than that.

... at any point, say something to the effect of: "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" upon seeing what diabolical hoops you were going to have to jump through to get what you needed?

Actually, I didn't.

... after jumping through said hoops have to take a minute to let your hands stop shaking?

Nope.

... spend a few minutes just staring in mute horror at Amabel?

No, but I was really upset.

... give Clarence multiple death threats? Bonus points if you said them out loud.

Yes, but I didn't say them out loud.

(If you plays The Sims, Minecraft, or any other game that allows you to build stuff from the ground up)
... start thinking of what you would need to do to build the Shelter in your chosen game?

N/A

Requiem

... accidentally crush yourself under the giant block crusher?

Yup. I didn't even see the crusher. I stood on the switch and screamed, "How did I die!?"

... accidentally fall in the water during the Sewer level and felt surprised that you could swim?

No. I knew Philip could swim from Black Plague.

... wonder who among the gang at Frictional is the Donkey Kong fan?

No, but I did make a comment about Donkey Kong at that part.

... have the physics go completely wonky at random moments, which caused all sorts of weird stuff to happen?

Yes. I was trying to push the fuse with the battery (on the snow level) and the battery kept going through the floor. I was a good thing I was holding onto it.

... eagerly wait for the PA system to start up again, just so you could hear what kind of weird things it was going to spout off?

Not really. I just thought it was weird.

(If you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent)
... think that Alexander was talking to you at a certain point?

Never.

... have to remind yourself on multiple occasions (if you already knew ahead of time) that there were no monsters in the game?

Yes. It was the only thing that kept me going forward.

... when it was all said and done, sit back and ponder how it felt like a lifetime ago that you started it all back in Overture?

Yep. Especially since it ended with the boat at the beginning.

Death is the final unknown.
08-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!) - by eiahmon - 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
RE: Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!) - by smapho123 - 08-04-2011, 03:11 AM