Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Level Door Question (scripting)
Dalroc Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Different Level Door Question (scripting)

(04-09-2011, 04:10 PM)genmills Wrote: Just for clarification, in the part with "if(GetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity) == true) { }," I don't have to put anything in there right? It will just act as though it's locked.
If nothing special is supposed to happen when it's locked you don't need any if conditional for that, just put the conditional that the door is unlocked in a function, like this.
void AwesomeFunction(Parameters)
{
    if(GetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity) == false)
    {
        //Door is unlocked, when clicked on it uses ChangeMap
    }
}
As there is nothing happening in the function except for when the door is unlocked, nothing will happen when the door is locked! Big Grin

(04-09-2011, 04:10 PM)genmills Wrote: Another quick question so I don't have to make another thread... Is it possible to make a plane inactive? I'm using "ground" planes flipped backwards as invisible walls to prevent a player from moving on until they have completed parts of the storyline and solved some of the mystery. I know you can set entities inactive, but I'm not sure if that only applies to what is in the entity category?
Try looking under "Technical" in the entities tab. There you have several type of invisible block boxes.

(04-09-2011, 04:10 PM)genmills Wrote: Also, I want to make a secret passage that is hidden by a regular rock. Is it possible to make a function that will move the rock? Thanks so much, and sorry for being such a noob! You'll like me again once you play my map, though, haha Smile
This one should be very possible, but I can't really think of how right now.. Try looking at the script functions on the wiki and searching the forums Smile
04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Different Level Door Question (scripting) - by Dalroc - 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM