The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional?
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional?

Prior to the success of Amnesia, Frictional Games...while having a pretty loyal fanbase, were pretty unknown by the majority. It was mostly big horror fans, Lovecraft fans, and a select set of gamers that really knew them from the Penumbra days. And it was like that pretty much leading all up to the release of Amnesia. As word of mouth of the game spread from various previews, and reviews and with the big push made on Steam the game picked up a lot of momentum, and after it was released with a slew of reaction and let's play videos for it because of just how reputably scary it was, things just kinda blew up, Amnesia is pretty well known online whereas Penumbra was much more of a cult hit, Frictional Games had their hit, their name is a lot more out there.

I'm really glad that they are, I mean especially with the troubles the team had been having, for Amnesia to be the hit that it has become is a God send, they really really deserved it.

But at the same time, it almost takes away a bit of that..special feel. Seeing all these memes and funny let's plays and stuff, it's gone mainstream (not saying that is a bad thing, it really isn't). As I said I'm so happy for Frictional, but I do kinda miss that cult fanbase/following feeling.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
04-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional? - by NGW - 04-28-2011, 03:37 AM