The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A discovery about Amnesia's sound design
SaltTheFries Offline

Threads: 1
A discovery about Amnesia's sound design

Hello, I'm new to the forums, I've anxiously signed up here to share my random discovery:

Unless the artist I'm talking about sampled his sources from elsewhere, I know where Amnesia: The Dark Descent got some chunk of its music from, it's from The Caretaker's (he's a dark ambient artist) 1999 album Selected Memories From the Haunted Ballroom and specificially from the track called From Out of Nowhere. The resemblance is eerily uncanny! Check it out yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2p_JVbH0HY

I might be mistaking it for something else, it's been a couple of months since I've finished Amnesia, but do you think it's a likely source of inspiration? Not necessarily that low-pitched demon voice (actually not at all), but that ghostly female choir that occurs at 0:33 for the first time and the track's overall ambience.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM by SaltTheFries.)
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A discovery about Amnesia's sound design - by SaltTheFries - 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM