Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A discovery about Amnesia's sound design
Matthias Steel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A discovery about Amnesia's sound design

(05-05-2011, 04:16 PM)SaltTheFries Wrote: Hello, I'm new to the forums, I've anxiously signed up here to share my random discovery:

Unless the artist I'm talking about sampled his sources from elsewhere, I know where Amnesia: The Dark Descent got some chunk of its music from, it's from The Caretaker's (he's a dark ambient artist) 1999 album Selected Memories From the Haunted Ballroom and specificially from the track called From Out of Nowhere. The resemblance is eerily uncanny! Check it out yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2p_JVbH0HY

I might be mistaking it for something else, it's been a couple of months since I've finished Amnesia, but do you think it's a likely source of inspiration? Not necessarily that low-pitched demon voice (actually not at all), but that ghostly female choir that occurs at 0:33 for the first time and the track's overall ambience.

very creepy track, doesn't sound much like anything from Amnesia though.

"He rides the wind on silent wings lazerbeams ripping steel, Black helicopters go up in flames before they know that he's real"
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A discovery about Amnesia's sound design - by Matthias Steel - 05-05-2011, 05:23 PM