Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers*
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers*

(06-21-2011, 10:19 AM)Oscar House Wrote: I remember some poor fella getting killed right at the start of Black Plague, so there's that.
The kennel note doesn't have dates towards the end, it just says Entry 9. But it's after October 2000 according to the previous entries. When did Philip arrive again?

This. Also, Amabel's computer has a population graph that shows something like 1-5% of the population was still alive at the time Phillip was in the Shelter (the line stops a little after 2000, presumably at/near 2001). I don't see who else that body without a tongue that was dragged in could be. Also, it makes sense to conclude that, because Frictional specifically chose to mention him missing a tongue in the note, it was supposed to lead us to believe that it was Spider Guy from Overture. I think it would be logical to conclude that Frisk killed Spider Guy first, dragged him back to the Kennel for the doctor writing the journal to find, and then the good doctor was subsequently killed by Frisk himself shortly before Phillip arrives in the Kennel.

Edit: Just watched a lets play of Black Plague and the note says the Tuurngait problem became a full-scale epidemic in May 2000, a full year before Phillip arrives. However, the note stops recording the date after October (even he includes an ? next to the date as the actual month may be suspect; the passage of time can be quite quick when you dont have a means of measuring it, it also grants a fair bit of leeway for when this actual date was). The next entry he writes has no date and is simply an evaluation of Frisk, surprisingly stating he has "outstanding efficiency". It also notes that there were plenty of rations left at the time. The very next entry is the mention of the corpse with no tongue, Dr. Roberts, who had escaped into the mines at the first sign of the epidemic (this was in late April 2000 according to the journal; if memory serves, Spider Guy had a journal himself in Overture that detailed his time in the mine being well over a year, which easily fits the dates of Doctor Roberts's fleeing into the mines, and the time Phillip shows up). This fits with Spider Guy. However, there is a very large passage of time between the start of the full-scale epidemic and Phillips arrival, but there are several entries after "October" so I suppose it still could have been a few months in between then and when Phillip arrives, as it says there are plenty of rations left. It would also take quite a bit of time for Frisk to mutate as far as he had. Its a little hard to believe the doctor writing the journal would be able to live in the Kennel with Frisk for about a year, but everything else fits perfectly.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2011, 12:58 PM by Roy595.)
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by gandalf91 - 05-18-2011, 03:43 AM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by Crabski - 05-18-2011, 04:40 AM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by Bek - 05-20-2011, 09:52 AM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by Roy595 - 06-20-2011, 11:45 PM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by Bek - 06-21-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by Roy595 - 06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
RE: Wilbur Friske Theory *spoilers* - by spukrian - 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM