Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
AitrusTekis Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

Alot of you are over analyzing and then forgetting things. If you remember the opening of the game and the talk about the letter from Phillips father regarding the book in the deposit box that was waiting for him; everything is geared towards NOT going into this mine. NOT exploring deep inside of it. NOT searching for answers. Because as the saying goes, "you cant handle the truth." And maybe its not even that, maybe the truth will unleash an evil of unprecedented power.

I think a couple things about Red. I really liked the character and voice acting. This game would have not been near as great without Red. But my two theories on Red are as follows...

1) He is dead. If you read all the papers and everything in Reds room he had been trapped there ever since he was 14. Just a small boy. And that was 30-ish years ago. He had plenty of time all alone, in a place filled with death, to go crazy. And I think thats what happened, he sank into a little world in his own mind and simply stayed there.

2) He was already dead. There is the one article you find on one of the other levels talking about people who had made it out of the mines, and saying (i forget the exact word) something about demons in the mines. And of course the abnormally large worms and spiders, and the demon looking dogs. And all this, to me, with the opening line of "If fate frowns, we all perish", leads me to think something much more sinister is going on. Maybe a little on the level of occult stuff. I like the idea of an all encompassing absolute evil lurking in the shadows... thats true fear.

But all is up for the toss right now... This game could teach a very good moral... Do not ask questions of the dark, because you cant see the answers until it is too late.

However all in all, I am loving this game. The story is so far very engaging, and the atmosphere is simply terrifying. I cant wait for the next two episodes ^_^d
06-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SPOILER] What you think about red? - by Antti - 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM