Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

DarkExcalibur Wrote:I think the real Red died years ago, and I think that the Red we talked to over the radio died in the incinerator, but I don't expect that to stop him from talking to us on the Radio...

He had one of those artifacts in his room, and we already know from gameplay that they're filled with "bad copies" of the people who use them. I think early on Red found that artifact, died at some point, and one of those bad copies replaced him. "Parts of my head are not my own!" He even knows he's one of the copies. Now that this copy is dead, another one (probably an even more insane one) will show up to take his place. I make this argument because I would be horribly saddened if I never heard Red's ravings over the radio ever again. Plus I was hoping to meet him at the end of the game.

As for when he says it is against the rules, I think one of the voices he hears was created by all the books on ethics he read and there was simply a part of him that refused to allow suicide. But I also think the whole "supernatural gatekeeper" thing is a part of it too. He really couldn't die until someone else came to relieve him of his burden. And lucky Phillip got that honor, the changing of the guard took place and now it's Phillip's job to keep all this crap down here, hence his letter from the beginning of the game.

I still think the "copies" are the game designers way of allowing Phillip to recognize the artifacts as save points.
06-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
[SPOILER] What you think about red? - by Antti - 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM