Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request OLitD: Looking for brainstormers!
Immersion Offline

Threads: 0
RE: OLitD: Looking for brainstormers!

(06-02-2011, 02:41 AM)palistov Wrote: Haha yeah the story is based around a researcher gone missing in a supposedly abandoned castle, and you play a novelist trying to find inspiration for a book and decide to document your search for the missing researcher.

Timed puzzles do sound fun. The last room in Justine was REALLY scary for me haha. Just lookin for what people would find interesting in a mod, and what would make them feel like the story is real, not just searching for X items while running from Y monsters.

Immersion: Your idea for the barracks sounds interesting. I'd have to make use of DonProtz's weapon models Smile The mountains would be cool too, but it doesn't quite fit the setting and outdoor levels are hard to optimize and make look realistic at the same time.

Ahh you have a story, sorry i havent been on here much and my brain malfunctions a lot when im tired Tongue.
Anyway, I was thinking, to me the story feels real when you find a lot of notes. It doesnt really matter who the authors are, it could be Servant X or Worker Z but having a perspective of the haunted place from different people really boosts the atmosphere. To tie in with that, a LOT of random rooms for the notes, so the level isnt one long scary corridor and feels like it has a backstory. Moreso, you could make the level nonlinear, and give the player freedom to explore and choose how he completes the area, does he make use of the cellar, or risk the monster infested kitchens Big Grin
Other than that I really dont know, weather maybe...can rain particles be used?

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM by Immersion.)
06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
OLitD: Looking for brainstormers! - by palistov - 06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
RE: OLitD: Looking for brainstormers! - by Greven - 06-01-2011, 10:07 PM
RE: OLitD: Looking for brainstormers! - by Kyle - 06-01-2011, 10:20 PM
RE: OLitD: Looking for brainstormers! - by Khyrpa - 06-02-2011, 04:10 AM
RE: OLitD: Looking for brainstormers! - by Immersion - 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM