Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

To the developers
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: To the developers

Yes, I remember finding a rather interesting read about how the money was spent developing Gears Of War...Overture is pretty much the antithesis of such a game, development-wise (being that Gears Of War cost tens of millions to produce, Overture...probably two or three digits less than that...Tongue), about 20 percent went into programming Gears Of War...25 percent went into art/design...distributing it through retail was about 20 percent...marketing was around 10 percent, etc.

Ah, but in Penumbra: Overture's case, there was no liscensing fee (for using the intellectual property of something like Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars), nor were there any console ownership fees...

All-in-all, the two games are definitely different...I would love to see some statistics concerning Overture in the fiscal department...

Here is the link to the article. http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/19/ps3-xbo...games.html

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
04-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
To the developers - by Doffy90 - 04-06-2007, 06:19 PM