Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model editor - Can Attach Character
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Model editor - Can Attach Character

(08-18-2011, 02:39 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: U saying that the player would spin around with the wheel as child? Could you give a clearer explanation please?

Imagine what would happen if you stood on the edge of a carousel in motion. You would rotate around with it yes? This is what "can attach character" does - when the player is in contact with the object, the player will move with it correctly - the player is treated as if he is "attached" at that point on the object if he remains still. If "can attach character" is not checked, then the object will spin, but the player will remain still, giving the illusion of hovering slightly off the object (when all that is happening is that there is 0 friction between the player and the object). This probably applies to tranlational motion as-well as rotation motion, but i haven't needed to test it with that yet.

Quote:Kewlll.

Could make some cool puzzles with that. Do I hear booby traps?
I've been using it to make a rotating platform as part of a jumping section for the teamnesia project Wink. Found it out totally by accident when one entity moved the player with it's motion and a different entity didn't.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011, 02:49 AM by Apjjm.)
08-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Model editor - Can Attach Character - by Apjjm - 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
RE: Model editor - Can Attach Character - by Apjjm - 08-18-2011, 02:46 AM