Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...
Stolls Offline

Threads: 0
RE: When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...

A fall release of episode two would be very awesome, but I'm willing to wait regardless. Overture grabbed my attention in new and exotic ways, and for better or worse I'm in this ride to the end Smile

Just one point on any potential firearms. Ever since the tech demo I was hoping that weapons would be integrated into the engine (which is still unique among games these days), and was pleased to find that this was the case - that is, requiring something more complicated than just clicking a button to attack. Obviously, this isn't a shooter, or even an action game, and so I'd like to see a pistol given similar treatment in the engine: for instance, pressing a button to switch from a firing to a reloading stance and interacting with the weapon in question by manually ejecting an empty clip or, in the case of a revolver, empty shells, then replacing the ammo and having to action the bolt or chamber before firing again. Since Philip has trouble staying hidden when something so much as glances at him, I could see him having some difficulty working a pistol even under the best of circumstances.

But, I can also see the appeal in keeping weapons limited to hand tools and mining gear, so the above is obviously a very big 'if'. The atmosphere is one of the game's biggest strengths, and even by itself it tells the story capably, so I think that's going to be one of the most important parts of episode two as well.
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread