Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frightening Ideas...
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

RE: Frightening Ideas...

Thief: The Dark Project (Thief 1) is actually the game System Shock 2's engine was originally designed for. Along with its sequel it remains the most terrifying, immersive game I've ever played. But as Sepai said, horror, though prevalent, isn't quite the focus of the game. In fact the sequel, Thief II: The Metal Age, tones the horror elements way down (even though there's still plenty left to terrify you!).

The real magic of the game comes from trying to remain hidden. You're always on the edge of your seat with sweaty palms. It's a spectacularly thrilling experience. I love to play without saving to raise the stakes.

The game is about freeform improvisation. Everyone has their own style and their own techniques. A mission can be completed in under an hour, but I like to be careful and crafty and thorough so I can take up to four hours. There are so many moments across the games that I'll never forget, and they're easily my favorite games of all time. It's a bit of a trick to get Thief 1 installed on an NT based system and to get the cutscenes playing properly, but I highly recommend you check the games out. I'll be more than happy to help you with the details.
04-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Messages In This Thread
Frightening Ideas... - by TheCollective15 - 04-15-2007, 02:01 AM