Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So what is the business with not explaining anything at the game end? :(
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: So what is the business with not explaining anything at the game end? :(

I suppose it was probably done as a way to bring up discussions and theories that the individual might have. It's worth noting that Frictional Games are borrowing methods of storytelling that involve leaving many things unexplained (HP Lovecraft, to name an important example), as a way to both confuse and instill a sense of awe within the observer. That is to say, it's trying to make the player feel like a speck of dust in a large and mysterious universe we live in.

I mean, we do kind of learn what the Shadow is--it's a guardian of the orb Daniel found in Algeria, which consists mainly of the jelly-like growths you see blocking your way, consuming the castle as you venture on. You don't really discover anything else about the Shadow that's important, only that it will kill anything that gets in its way.

Overall, the ending, to me, seemed to be very abrupt, which is my only real complaint about it...I like the idea of questioning what could be, or what could have been.

07-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what is the business with not explaining anything at the game end? :( - by graykin - 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM